While many martial arts schools require their members to sign contracts obligating them to pay membership
fees for a specific period of time, PeopleSafe® does not wish to impose this burden on its members. Membership, therefore, is considered to be on a month-to-month basis. However, in order that the dojo, like any other business, may effectively budget for its monthly expenses, we require that members, as a matter of courtesy and necessity, keep us appraised of any changes in their membership status. Towards this end, we have implemented the following policy regarding monthly membership
- Any person who pays fees on a monthly or semi-annual basis (as opposed to a per-class or "mat fee" basis) is considered to be an active member of this dojo.
Fees are payable on the 1st of each month. These fees are regarded as monthly membership fees; this is not a pro-rated fee based on the number of times, days, or weeks of training.
- Any active member who does not submit a signed Leave of Absence form (available at office) to the office manager, will be considered to be currently active and responsible for paying their
fees, regardless of whether or not they train during a particular month.
- Any active member who submits a signed Leave of Absence form to the office manager will automatically be excused from paying
fees for that period of time. No member will be required to pay fees as long as they give this signed notification of a leave of absence.
- A leave of absence may be taken for any reason deemed appropriate by the member. No request for a leave of absence will be denied.
- Signed Leave of Absence forms must be submitted prior to the 5th of the month. If there are extenuating circumstances, please communicate this to the office manager at the first opportunity.
- Those students who return to training who did not previously submit a signed Leave of Absence form to the office manager will not be allowed to train until any back and current
fees are paid.
fees are payable on the 1st of each month. Fees may be mailed in the event that you do not anticipate being at the dojo on or before the 1st of the month. The following steps are taken in the event of non-payment of
- A late fee of $15 will be charged to members who do not pay their
fees by the 5th of the month. A letter will be sent notifying them that they are being charged a late fee.
- If fees have still not been received by the 15th of the month, a second letter is sent, informing the member that their membership will be suspended if
fees are not paid.
- If fees have still not been received by the end of the month, membership in the dojo is considered suspended. The
Chief Instructor will be notified that the individual's training has been suspended because of non-payment of
fees. That member will not be allowed to attend any further classes or
activities at the dojo until any back and current fees are paid.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please see the dojo office manager.