PED125 Course Examination
- Techniques should be done between 50% to 75% normal speed and strength.
- A kiai (shout) or verbal command will accompany all techniques.
- Control must be shown on all techniques demonstrated.
- All techniques demonstrated will be done dynamically.
- Defenses will be made from dynamic attacks.
- All defenses will end in either a control or disablement of the attacker.
- Scores will be assigned on the basis of 0, 1, and 2. Two (2) will represent a high quality demonstration of the technique or component of a technique. Zero (0) will include, but not limited to, any hesitation about the technique or looking for assistance from others, whether given or not.
Back fall Side fall
Proper hand position With
Straight punch Jab Diagonal punch Uppercut Rear Elbow Heal palm strike Ridge hand strike Knife-edge strike Back fist strike Hammer fist Slap Finger strike V-hand strike
With control With force Front thrust kick Front snap kick Front foot stomp Rear foot stomp Knee strike Side kick Round house
Inside to outside Outside to inside Cross outside to inside
Each defense demonstration must contain:
- interpretation of the attack
- selecting an appropriate defense
- applying the defense
- follow-up control or incapacitation
ATTACKS interpretation appropriateness application control Aggressive hand-shake Arm around waist Arm around shoulder Western choke Western choke Strike to face Strike to face Strike to face Strike to face Over-arm bear hug, front Over-arm bear hug, rear Under-arm bear hug, front Under-arm bear hug, rear Round house kick Front thrust kick
Front wrist grab - straight across
- palm-up bottom hand grab
- squirrel around tree
Front wrist grab - cross grab
- squirrel around tree to wrist lock
- upward outside grab to arm lock
- under arm spin around
Front two wrist grab
- cross slap to arm and wrist lock
- elbow drop to upward hands thrust
- airplane spin to rear throw
Front baseball wrist grab
- two-hand clasp and pull
- elbow drop to upward hand thrust
Rear wrist grab - straight across
- hand up to outside to arm bar
- under arm spin around to wrist lock
Rear wrist grab - cross
- hand up to outside to arm lock to rear take down
- underarm spin around to wrist lock
Rear wrist grab - two hands
- hand up to outside with push
Rear both wrists grab
- bent arm twist
- rear duck to forward throw or arm lock
Side-by-side wrist grab
- rear thrust
Front bear hug
Rear bear hug
Basic hip throw
Basic rear throw
Return - Main Menu